Monday, February 10, 2014

A Year Ago

Exactly one year ago, it was a Sunday evening, and Wade was sitting next to me on the couch downstairs.  I remember saying I didn't know how I was going to make it three more weeks since I was so big and uncomfortable.  Brax was kicking me harder than he ever had.  Then, I went to bed.  When Wade came to bed at about 1 a.m., I got up to go to the bathroom, and my water broke.  I told Wade, and he told me that it couldn't be happening and didn't think this was it.  I called my mom.  She said, "Oh, my goodness.  Oh, my goodness."  Then, I called the nurse who told me this was it and to come to the hospital.  It was lightly snowing.  Even on the drive to the hospital, Wade kept saying that if I was really in labor, I would probably be in pain.  Since I wasn't having contractions, they had to give me medicine to get everything going.  About 48 hours after my water broke, Brax was born.  I get teary-eyed just thinking about it all.  I'm sure I'll be a mess on Thursday when he turns one!

No comments:

Post a Comment